Oracle 10gR2 RAC on NetApp Fibre
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:14:45 +0100
I have Oracle 10.2.0.3 database on RedHat (4 or 5 yet to be decided) with NetApp storage. The NetApp storage is Fibre connected and I don't currently have any Ethernet/IP connectivity to the Filer.
I want to implement Oracle RAC. For the database shared storage requirement the options I see I have are:
- Oracle ASM using the existing FCP Fibre connectivity.
- OCFS2 using the existing FCP Fibre connectivity.
- Raw using the existing FCP Fibre connectivity.
- NFS not using our existing Fibre connectivity, but, deploying a new IP switched infrastructure.
- iSCSI not using our existing Fibre connectivity, but, deploying a new IP switched infrastructure.
What are peoples experiences?
- DSP Global Limited, Golden Cross House, 8 Duncannon Street, London, WC2N 4JF
- +44 8701 999377
- +44 7956 400985
- +44 8701 991977
This message has been sent via the Internet. Internet communications are not secure against interception or modification. DSP Global Ltd therefore cannot guarantee that this message has not been modified in transit. This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is forbidden. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and destroy your copies of the message and any attached files. Please note that in replying to this mail, you are granting the right for that reply to be forwarded to any other individual and to be read by a surrogate in the event that the intended recipient is out of the office or is no longer employed by the company. Any views expressed by an individual within this message do not necessarily reflect the views of company.
DSP Global Limited, Golden Cross House, 8 Duncannon Street, London, WC2N 4JF Tel: +44 (0)8701 999377, Fax: +44 (0)8701 991977
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System. For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
Received on Fri Jul 25 2008 - 07:14:45 CDT