Re: SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME and CPU load

From: Andreas Piesk <a.piesk_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 18:01:55 +0200

Remigiusz Sokolowski schrieb:

> Anybody meet something similar? In docs it is stated that EXPIRE_TIME
> eventually can decrease a network performance and in general it is
> recommended to set it to 10 (in minutes), which we did.

i had problems with DCD too (11g on unix). the base bug 2752985 was found in 8.1.7 and was fixed in 10.1 but found it's way back in 11g (bug 6918493).
in 11g the sessions just hang, maybe in your version the sessions only slow down because of spinning. then you should have noticed a decrease in throughput too.

regards,
-ap