Re: How to restore Archive files from old Rman backup.

From: Jared Still <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:30:51 -0700

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Allen, Brandon <> wrote:

> Yep, I think it's MAXSEQ you're thinking of, and you set it to a number <
> 255. ML # 393947.1 has the details.

Yes, that was one of them. I looked up some notes on it:

...without RCAT, the FROM AUTOBACKUP clause is required RMAN starts searching backup media for file of c-<DBID>-YYYYMMDD-FF. then FE, FD, FC all the way to 00.

starts over at the previous day if not found

this can take a long time!

can be mitigated with MAXSEQ and MAXDAYS options

restore controlfile from autobackup maxdays 10 maxseq 20

can also just specify name go for c-<DBID>-YYYYMMDD-00 if you are desperate!

Jared Still