Re: Sql Developer - Migration from Sql Server to Oracle Database

From: Bradd Piontek <>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:17:17 -0500

It might be helpful to know what version of SQL Server you are trying to connect to. In SQL Server 2005, out of the box, TCP/IP is on a random port. At least mine do. Check out for how to deal with named instances. You also might want to check out the SQL Developer forums on OTN. This thread ( may have some tips on dealing with named instances.

Bradd Piontek
Oracle Blog: Linked In: