Re: Difference Between RMAN Incremental and Full Backups - Driving me Nuts!

From: David Barbour <david.barbour1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:43:39 -0400

Makes sense. I bet the issue with blowing out the read cache comes into play. I've put forth the suggestion we run an additional full backup during the week and skip the incrementals until we can get the databases upgraded. I have been relying on the archive logs, but if I have an issue towards the end of the week, applying those puppies can takes up to 36hrs.