Re: Difference Between RMAN Incremental and Full Backups - Driving me Nuts!

From: David Barbour <david.barbour1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:36:05 -0400

No. I've eliminated that by running the backup tests on our QA system during the day outside of any other backup window or system maintenance. The incremental runs consistently bring the system to it's knees (I can no longer run incrementals on Production - they won't let me) but the full backups don't. The only visible difference between the two is the Async I/O waits.