RE: an interview question

From: Prabhu, Krishnaswamy <prabhu_adam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:34:25 +0000

The scenario is , the rman backup is cofigured with recovery catalog db and, we lost all control files and rman catalog repository database as well. Unfortunately, we don't have backups of catalog. First to restore/recover the control file, we need recovery catalog database, since we lost the meta data information, does it still possible to use the backup (which doesn't have the metadata) to recover the target database. ThanksPrabhu> From: jeremiah@ora-600.net> To: prabhu_adam@hotmail.com; oracle-l@freelists.org> Subject: RE: an interview question> Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:00:42 -0700> > Prabhu, Krishnaswamy wrote:> > > Is it possible to recover a database whose couple of datafiles , all> multiplexed > > controlfiles and rman catalog repository are lost. A complete rman backup> exists > > but catalog and control files are lost.> > RMAN> restore controlfile from <backuppiece>;> > Something easy to find with google or the documentation.> > IIRC in 8i it used to require some effort and calls directly to> dbms_backup_restore. > > Jeremiah Wilton> ORA-600 Consulting> http://www.ora-600.net> > > --> http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l> >

Windows Live Messenger just got better with Messenger TV. Share your favourite videos online with your near and dear ones. Check it out!

Chose your Life Partner? Join MSN Matrimony http://www.shaadi.com/msn/matrimony.php