Re: "DB Link are Inherently Slow" -- True or False?

From: Yechiel Adar <adar666_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:22:40 +0300

Working with dblinks can be slower as oracle does not know what happens in the other server and gets all the records back and then start selecting. That is why they have a hint called 'driving site' and I have seen huge difference in performance with this hint.

You are talking about data pump import.
Can you explain a little more on what you are doing?

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel