Re: Quick sqlnet.ora question

From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:36:55 -0500

What shell? Did you make sure to export TNS_ADMIN? It has been a few years since I set up ASO, but I don't recall having to make any listener.ora parameters. It was a fairly low risk change in the sqlnet.ora depending on the value you choose to set on the client and server

On 7/16/08, Michael Schmitt <mschmitt_at_uchicago.edu> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I had a quick question about the sqlnet.ora for an issue that I am having.
>
> We have a 10.2.0.3 database running AIX 5L. We wanted to test the Advance
> security network encryption without interfering with the current
> listener/configuration.
>
> Therefore, we set the TNS_ADMIN variable to a directory and placed the
> listener.ora and sqlnet.ora file in the directory. We named the listener
> LISTENER_SEC and set it to listen on a different port.
>
> We can start the listener with lsnrctl start LISTENER_SEC. However, for
> some reason it is not picking up the sqlnet.ora in the TNS_ADMIN directory.
> I set the following in the sqlnet.ora file as a test
>
> LOG_DIRECTORY_SERVER=/dbopt/oracle/10203/network/test
>
> However the listener is not writing to the log in that directory. Any ideas
> on why it is not picking up the sqlnet.ora under the TNS_ADMIN directory?
>
> Thanks in advance

Bradd Piontek
Oracle Blog: http://piontekdd.blogspot.com
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/piontekdd