Re: Sessions wait on "resmgr:cpu quantum" with little CPU load

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:19:01 -0700 (PDT)

  • K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Yong,
>
> Looks like you are hitting 6825920/5488113 .
> There is a woraround underscore/event. Have an SR or investigate
> _low/_high server thresolds.
>
> -Gopal

Thanks, Gopal. Bug 6825920 is about the problem when CPU management is not enabled. Not sure if ours is.

SQL> sho parameter resource

NAME                                 TYPE                             VALUE
resource_limit                       boolean                          FALSE
resource_manager_plan                string                           RISCP_DAY
SQL> select * from V$RSRC_PLAN;
        ID NAME                             IS_TO
     51409 RISCP_DAY                        TRUE

Base Bug 5488113 is "DATABASE RESOURCE MANAGER SPINS LMON TO 100% OF CPU". But our LMON is not.

When this problem happens again, I'll definitely open an SR. Thanks for the two parameters. I'll do some research.

Yong Huang