Re: Automatic retry of RMAN backup job in grid control?

From: Rich Jesse <>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:16:27 -0500 (CDT)

I had thought about doing this as well but scrapped the idea in favor of persuing simple notification on job failure (which the easiest and most effective way I could find to do this was to script a SQL via cron).

I didn't want the RMAN to auto-restart because that has a high potential for either making a runaway restart or to fill up the FRA.

My $.02,