RE: Who is using my datafile (what's in segments)

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 08:25:56 -0400

That is both a summary of the total space and where the first piece (header) is for things (objects) that actually take up their own space. Notice, for example, that individual sequences do not have an entry in dba_segments, because they are stored in seq$.

Check out the view(s) for the details, or look at one of the many fine dictionary posters put out by third party vendors (usually for free).