RE: Who is using my datafile

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:43:15 -0400

You have a database objects in those datafiles/tablespaces. Look in DBA_TABLES or DBA_INDEXES to see what is being stored there. You can then look in DBA_EXTENTS to see what object is using the high-disk locations. You can then move these objects to another tablespace (or even the same one) to clear the space to allow you to shrink the file.

Hope this helps.