Re: Script to check exports

From: Jack van Zanen <jack_at_vanzanen.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 15:24:49 +1000

What we are using here is a very simple system.

We have scripted all backup and export jobs to add an entry in a database table. otther tables hold the backup and export schedules and we run daily checks against the two tables and a report of missed backups and exports comes out.

All we need to do is check the reports that come in the mail.

Setting this up should be fairly straight forward

Brgds

Jack

May not be bulletproof (requires connection to another database) but so long as I have been here it seems to have been working quite reliable.

--
J.A. van Zanen