RE: Semi-OT: Thoughts on Flash pages in MetaLink?

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:17:09 -0400

Since it is a flash interface, you should be able to fit the tinyurl to your dynamic flash response to them in 200 characters. That way you can build a pretty and dynamic response to them in flash and continually update it.

After all, in the context of flash and similar technologies the point is looking glitzy, not communicating effectively. And if your response is a url, then you can fill in the content later, so you will have been agile.

Dinosaurishly yours,

mwf

Give me back 12-point courier non-proportional fonts and a menu tree that doesn't move around on me and require the horsepower of a CRAY 4 and a low latency 10 GBPS network to run.

oops. the flash crowd probably won't know what a CRAY is (er, was).