Re: LAST_DDL_TIME from ALL_OBJECTS

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 10:16:06 -0700 (PDT)

Paul,

I'm sure others will point out too that GRANT *is* a DDL, because it modifies data dictionary (sysauth$, etc). Some shops do daily grant's until they find the impact of cursor reloads on library cache.

To find the time a column was added to the table recently, check v$sqlstats if you're on 10g. It has the last_active_time column. Otherwise rely on redo log drilling, using log miner for instance.

Last_ddl_time does not report all DDLs's times. Analyze is one. Compile trigger is another. There may be other cases.

Yong Huang