RE: A question on table export

From: Asif Momen <asif_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 09:47:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
> Can we export a table and import into another table (which has the same
structure)?
> Both the tables are in the same schema.
No, not into another table. Why not insert directly into the destination table like: insert into dest select * from source;
Regards
Asif Momenhttp://momendba.blogspot.com

  • On Tue, 7/1/08, Elliott, Patrick <patrick.elliott_at_medtronic.com> wrote: From: Elliott, Patrick <patrick.elliott_at_medtronic.com> Subject: RE: A question on table export To: "Elliott, Patrick" <patrick.elliott_at_medtronic.com>, "anuragdba_at_gmail.com" <anuragdba_at_gmail.com>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 7:40 AM

I haven't worked with bulk inserts much, so anyone who has please feel free to respond with an improved solution using bulk inserts.

Pat