Re: Does ASM's EXTERNAL REDUNDANCY concatenate? (maximum disk group size)

From: Martin Klier <>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 16:21:04 +0200

Hi Mark,

Mark W. Farnham schrieb:
> Please correct me if I'm wrong - I think you are referring to the
> 4-petabyte-per-disk-GROUP promise. If there is a 4-petabyte per disk promise
> somewhere that is indeed a farce for at least a few years from now.
Indeed, I am referencing the 4PB-per-disk-promise. (

I don't need a member disk of 4PB, but I need two with 6TB. Background: The Adaptec RAID 5085 can't create more than 4 logical drives, and I have 16TB in my JBOD subsystem. Please tell me how to add them in four 2TB pieces?

Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk