Re: Does ASM's EXTERNAL REDUNDANCY concatenate?

From: jason arneil <jason.arneil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:36:54 +0100

Hello Martin,

With ASM the goal of filling up devices in a diskgroup is to ensure that *all *devices within the diskgroup are filled up to the same capacity. So even with external redundancy, if you have multiple devices within the diskgroup, ASM will stripe your data across the devices.

You can easily get around the issue that you mention by adding multiple devices to the diskgroup that are below the 2TB threshold. I don't see this as being too much of a problem?

cheers,

jason.

--
http://jarneil.wordpress.com