Re: Ports in listener.log

From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:27:50 -0500

I think I already explained the port question. Port 1098 is the client port that is talking to the shadow process on the database server.

As for how it is connecting. Getting with your sysadmin is the best idea. I would be hard-pressed to find something that isn't using the Oracle client and a tnsnames.ora on the IIS server (I think even the Microsoft ODBC Driver requires the Oracle client to be there, but I could be wrong).