Re: possible to use an exceptions table in parallel?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 14:10:51 +0100

The old rule still applies. In case of indexes, see if Richard Foote has written anything first :)
http://richardfoote.wordpress.com/2008/06/04/primary-keys-and-non-unique-indexes-whats-really-happening/ -
I've linked to that page as it contains the links to all 3 of his original posts. There are some minor (or in some cases not so minor) differences between the two. It probably says something about deferrable constraint use that they first got approximately a decade ago and they still get forgotten (and sometimes surprise people).