Increasing data retention time in OEM repository

From: Michael Chua <chua.mykel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:55:27 -0400

Hi folks,

We are using OEM Grid control 10.2.0.3 in our environment and we'd like to take advantage of its feature of providing Charts, monitoring and performance statistics.

However we found it hard to analyze the data since it is quickly aggregated and the retention time of data is limited to the default: Raw metric=7 days, 1 hour data= 31days, One day Data= 365 days.

We are planning to increase or modify the retention time especially in the Raw Metrics to provide better data for analysis. Anyone who have done this before? What would be the consequences in doing this and what are the preparations I need to take?

Thanks.

Mike