RE: Oracle Raising its prices

From: Brady, Mark <Mark.Brady_at_Constellation.Com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:08:16 -0400

Yeh the shipping costs of moving those big heavy licenses on flatbed trucks have gone up with the price of petrol.

Huh?

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Asif Momen Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 1:50 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org; mzito_at_gridapp.com Subject: Re: Oracle Raising its prices

Is it because of the rise in global inflation rate and oil prices... :-(

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Subject: Oracle Raising its prices
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Date: Friday, June 20, 2008, 8:06 AM

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/20/oracle_license_increase/

I hadn't seen someone post this to the list yet - the database's list prices are going up by 18% ($47,500 list for an EE CPU now). What do we think? Reasonable? Madness? "Who cares, we'll just make them discount it more"?

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Zito
Chief Scientist

>>> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain legal,
professional or other privileged information, and are intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, do not use the information in this e-mail in any way, delete this e-mail and notify the sender. CEG-IP2 -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l