Re: Researching latch efficiency

From: <GRIFFIJ6_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:53:03 -0400

You can google the individual wait event (or use metalink, etc.) and find typically lots of good info about what wait event is what. You could also use Confio's outstanding tool Ignite (trial version available on their web site, I believe) to get a useful and graphical tool to help you analyze what query is producing which events. That tool will typically also give you a decent description of an event, what causes it, who usually fixes it (DBA vs. Application vs. SA, etc.) and so on.

I imagine there are other good tools out there as well, but I've gotten quite a bit of use out of Ignite and really like it.