Re: AIX 10g/11 and Oracle DBA logins

From: dave <david.best_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:57:51 -0400

 Just curious, what is the issue with knowing the Oracle password?  From what I have seen, w.r.t. compliance issues, the reason why the  want you to login as a user account first is for auditing purposes.  ie, They can easily track who logs in and su's via the OS logs.  Whether or not you know the Oracle password our auditors didn't care.

 Our security setup as well doesn't allow direct access to anonymous  accounts, we have to su.