Determine Record Creation Date Without Audit Turned On

From: Langston, Chris <Chris.Langston_at_aa.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 09:44:38 -0500

All,

We have a user that needs to do cleanup on a table in a 10.2 instance and wants to remove rows in a table based on when the record was created but there is no creation date as part of the record entry. Without having auditing turned on, is there a way to do determine this from the data dictionary tables and, if so, which ones. I'm a rather new DBA and not well versed in Oracle's data dictionary tables. All of my searching for keeps directing me to information about auditing.

The primary DBA for the application is on vacation for the rest of the month and I don't know that much about the application.

Any direction or source of documentation that would explain this will be much appreciated.

Chris Langston