Re: AIX 10g/11 and Oracle DBA logins

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:57:49 -0700

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 1:49 PM, DIANNA GIBBS <DIANNA.GIBBS_at_childrens.com> wrote:

> My AIX administrator tells me this cannot be done without everyone knowing
> the
> oracle OS user password.

Done easily with ssh.

This can be setup to work with or without passwords.

That said, I don't understand the admins concern about knowing the Oracle user password.

If you can logon via sudo/ssh/whatever, or logon to the database directly as sysdba, it
doesn't really matter much if the DBA's know the password.

--
Jared Still