Re: Oracle client - Port number

From: Yechiel Adar <adar666_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:47:23 +0300

  1. Why do you want to limit the port number? If you have problems with firewall, most firewalls today recognize sqlnet transportation regardless of the port number.
  2. Are you referring to the port number on the workstation side or the port number that the listener assigned to your connection on the Oracle server side?

BTW - I had a problem with an oracle server and I found that on windows (2000 I think) the assignment of free port number is limited by default to ports under 5000. I had to do TCP/IP registry change to allow the server to use ports up to 32K.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel