From: Bradd Piontek <>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 19:56:09 -0500

I don't have Metalink in front of me, but I'm fairly sure there are some one-off patches you can apply to to fix your issues. The one's i'm thinking won't require a reboot as they basically just install a new recover.bsq into $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin and then you need to run 'UPGRADE CATALOG' Bradd

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Frank Pettinato <> wrote:

> Good day all.
> Has anyone seen anything like this before? I was running a normal hot
> backup to disk that I have been running for several months and suddenly my
> backup failed with this error during a resync. According to MetaLink and my
> support analyst I need to apply a patch ( but I am afraid that
> this will cause problems with my Standby servers which run out of the same
> Oracle home and are on the same server.
> It seems pretty straight forward to me. If you check the RMAN catalog I see
> the BRL table and a unique constraint called BRL_U1 on DB_INCKEY, RECID and
> STAMP. I re-created the catalog and attempted the resync again, but it
> still will not work. Is my problem in the controlfile on the database that I
> am attempting to back up? Should I re-create that controlfile?
> Thanks much...
> Here is my info:
> Server(s) config 1 - Primary - Multi-node RAC Oracle on Windows
> 64 bit
> Server config 2 - Standby - Single (Non-RAC) Oracle on Windows 64
> bit . RMAN recovery catalogs.
> Frank

Bradd Piontek
Oracle Blog: