Re: The end of TOra

From: John D Parker <orclwzrd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:46:25 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah, I usually use sqlplus too. But, I'm trying to do some large scale digging about in a database that's about to go production and I didn't build it. Was hoping for a handy dandy tool that would let be flail about faster than typing in SQL. Which is truly strange because I usually find hammering sql on the keyboard to be much faster than point and click and click and point and ...

John

  • Original Message ---- From: Don Seiler <don_at_seiler.us> To: orclwzrd_at_yahoo.com Cc: oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 4:42:52 PM Subject: Re: The end of TOra

I was wondering this too since nothing on their website or mailing lists says anything of the sort.

I'm a fan of Oracle SQL Developer, although it still has some java-related quirks (slow startup, sometimes leaves artifacts on the screen). I'm *trying* to rely more on sqlplus these days, and the column ... format command is my new best friend. Obviously doesn't help you much though.

Don.

--
Don Seiler
http://seilerwerks.wordpress.com