RE: The end of TOra

From: Blanchard William <William.Blanchard_at_kohler.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:02:30 -0500

Sql Developer from Oracle is free :-).

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Frank Pettinato Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 3:43 PM
To: orclwzrd_at_yahoo.com; oracle-l
Subject: Re: The end of TOra

John,

I have used SQLDeveloper since it first came out. Love it, but it is pricey. For a cheaper alternative try PL/SQL Developer. Don't let the name throw you, it is a great tool for DBA's as well as Developers.

HTH,
Frank

  • Original Message ---- From: John D Parker <orclwzrd_at_yahoo.com> To: oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 12:56:27 PM Subject: The end of TOra

Well, I visited the SourceForge site of my long time fav Oracle tool TOra. The end of life release has been posted. Why is it my favorite tools die ugly deaths...

Does anyone have a suggestion for replacing TOra in my desktop toolkit? What's your fav tool. I've tried sql developer and Tom Kyte may like it but ICK! is all I can say. I'm a DBA not a Developer. TOra could snoop around and build code.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

John