Re: Display view equations?

From: Lyndon Tiu <ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:14:58 -0700

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have looked into this and it looks promising. The issue I have with this is that the DDL is not exxactly user friendly (as in non-SQL user friendly). We are talking about scientific type folks here who 'could' decipher SQL DDL but would rather have the equation displayed clearly out in-front and not have to read SQL.

Could I somehow easily break up the looong DDL statements stored in the user_views and user_source table and display the equation 'nuggets' one by one instead of the whole SQL DDL line?

Any other suggestions?

--
Lyndon Tiu