RE: New Connection for Each Query

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:32:16 -0400

Depending on what the application is emitting as a connection string, it may be possible to have the listener on the appropriate port route your connection request to a custom daemon that deals off your connection to an already running connection to an oracle instance.

Basically you would use a fake INSTANCE name to get to that port if you also wanted to support regular connections to a real INSTANCE on running on that database.

One issue would be the schema name connected to. If this is a read only query and always of the same schema that is a modest problem.

Security issues may arise, but you can put string input limits on the daemon to prevent sql injection issues.

This has the potential to relieve the connection overhead.

Good luck.