Re: Certifications don't count! (from a good test-taker)

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:41:54 -0600

That's not fair. For me, certification has no connection with people's attitudes about their work. I'm certified, I'm passionate, I'm excited about fixing DBA problems, I participate in a community of DBAs that I respect and hope they respect me too. To connect these two thoughts is silly and nonsensical. I am sure you can find good DBAs that are passionate about their careers in the pool of uncertified DBAs, but I'm equally sure you can find the same in the certified bunch as well.

Maybe certification should be added to the equal opportunity employment list..."You can't deny someone employment based on race, religion, [...], or certification status." That's how I feel about it anyway.

Dan