RE: How to learn Oracle Spatial

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 23:48:15 -0400

Oracle has an excellent class for Oracle Spatial. There is a tutorial database for the class, but I'm not sure whether it is available without taking the course. I think the 2 day course I took a few years ago was the beta version of the course and it was held in Nashua, NH.

Before you start shoving data in, you'll need to figure out which co-ordinate system will work best for your purposes. The default covers a lot of cases, but many data sets will do better with one of the supplied alternates. (Don't use Mars unless you mean it.)