Re: Certifications don't count! (from a good test-taker)

From: hrishy <hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:26:38 +0000 (GMT)

Hi

I was reading a article yesterday about Ruby on Rails (RoR) and whether this technology is really enterprise ready there were many arguments the geeks argued with zeal saying Ruby has this and that etc..There was one guy who said to truly become enterprise class the big dadies of consulting like Wipro BearingPoint ,Accenture etc have to start supporing the language and they have to have architects dedicated to this.

http://duckdown.blogspot.com/2006/03/more-thoughts-on-ruby-and-why-it-isnt.html

The article is there for you guys to read.

Now what does RoR has got to do with Oracle DBA and Certifications well nothing really but there seems to be a slight parallel DBA's dont always make the hiring decisions i know of several organisations where in order to even get in you need to have a OCP no weather a OCP candidate is good or not thats debeatable but the point is having a OCP make you eligible to have face to face with the technical guys should give you the idea of whats in store for you

regards
Hrishy

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.