Re: Linux devices for ASM

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:40:03 -0600

On RHEL 4, you likely are using the multipath package, so you can find
device-to-WWID mappings in /var/lib/multipath/bindings and "multipath
-l" may help identify disks. If you're using iSCSI, then "iscsi-ls -l"
may also help along with the other commands cited here.

I'm also a big fan of the "old school" viewing of disk information via /proc/partitions which gives device names and maj/min numbers as cached by the kernel. I know of no more direct way to see what the kernel thinks the disks are at any given point.

Dan

Matthew Zito wrote:

You can look in /dev/oracleasm/disks at the Major and Minor numbers, and then map that back to the major and minor numbers of the mpath devices (assuming you are using asmlib).

Matt