Re: Certifications don't count! (from a good test-taker)

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 07:36:51 -0500

Certifications are good for opening the door to a job interview. I have my OCA, and plan to get my OCP this year. A certification is not a substitute for experience, but from the applicant side it helps to get in the door, and from the management side I will take certification plus experience over experience only most of the time.

That being said, certifications do only open the door. The applicant still has to show she has real world experience, and how to apply the knowledge she has. And in the case of Oracle certifications, it can be a case of a little knowledge being dangerous.

--
Andrew W. Kerber