Backup Optimisation and Alexander Fatkulin

From: hrishy <>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 08:30:22 +0000 (GMT)

I was reading up the pythian blogs and came across this comment by Alex Fatkulin.(I am sure alex is frequenting this list)

Can somebody have a look at this thread and explain what alex means by

Quote Backup optimization is “all or nothing” - it can (and will) affect other things Unqote

I am curious to know what effect does it have if i enable it in my environment and what positive and negative implications could there possibly be.

I have a host of 9i and 10g databases

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Email