RE: Certifications don't count!

From: Stephens, Chris <chris_stephens_at_admworld.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 15:07:50 -0500

It's bogus to make any judgement, positive or negative base on a certification. Sure, many people go after certifications to mask incompetence, but many others use it as a way of focusing on areas they would otherwise struggle with allocating effort towards. I <sometimes> feel like I have a decent grasp of Oracle concepts but without studying for the new features exam for each release, there would be a lot of stuff I wouldn't know about.

This topic seems to come up a lot and the same things are rehashed over and over.

I swear I won't chime in next time. :)