Re: RMAN "rout" table

From: ~Jeff~ <jifjif_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 13:31:34 +1200

I eventually cleaned up the ROUT table (truncate, move, rebuild indexes) and things have come right now, such as:

  • manual checkpoints have gone down from a best of 4 sec (worst - 38 sec!! with only 6 datafiles) to <1sec
  • log switches have decreased from every ~2min to ~30min
  • resync catalog now finishes in seconds instead of aborting after some hours.

I can't explain why the first 2 have improved though. It's almost like something was crawling across the ROUT table and updating stuff, only I didn't see anything like that in statspack.

The ROUT table is only used by EM when looking at RMAN jobs, ie not terribly important (correct me if I'm wrong!)

Thanks to Ken and Yong for their input. Much appreciated.

Hope someone else finds this useful at some point.

cheers,
Jeff