patchset installation

From: Steiner, Randy <>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 15:37:51 -0400

on rhel I am running and want to apply patchset Here is what I am running into when I run the Oracle Installer:

  1. clicking on installed products or Deinstall Products tells me there are no installed products
  2. clicking on the next button tells me "Unable to create a new central inventory at location....."
  3. If I point the inventory to a new location, the drop down button for Name and Path is greyed out, telling me that the installer does not see the current crs and db installation.

I have set my environmental variables and check that I am logged in as Oracle.

Also, since crs and db are bundled together in the patchset, how do I upgraded the crs first?