Re: Grid Control preferred credentials

From: Robert Pegram <pegramrg_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 05:05:07 -0700 (PDT)

Lisa,   We just changed all of our passwords yesterday (286 targets) and  none of our jobs (over 500) received this error.  Our oms is 10.2.0.4 and most of the agents are 10.2.0.3.  Do you use an rman catalog?  Did you change the rman repository settings (password) in Grid Control?   Rob Pegram Duke University ----- Original Message ---- From: "Koivu, Lisa" <Lisa.Koivu_at_starwoodvo.com> To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org Sent: Tuesday, June 3, 2008 11:01:44 AM Subject: Grid Control preferred credentials Hello all,   Grid 10.2.0.4 on Solaris 10, Agents are 10.2.0.4   After a long hiatus, my Grid Control implementation has come back to life.  In the three months it was sleeping, I had to change the passwords three times for our mandatory monthly password “changing of the guard”.  I reset the preferred credentials and figured I was fine.   There were multiple places to change it – database, host, asm, agent.   Oh, no, it’s not that simple.  My rman jobs all fail with “error writing input to commandERROR: Invalid username and/or password”. It’s documented as a problem on Metalink.  It says that when jobs are created, the credentials are stored along with them, so basically you have to resubmit your jobs whenever you change your passwords.   Okay, fine, stupid but I’ll try it.  It still doesn’t work.   I tried to create a simple rman backup controlfile job and hard coded the password in the job (override preferred credentials).  It works fine.  When I changed this newly created job to work with preferred credentials, it failed.   I even got so desparate as to bounce the oms after changing preferred credentials (win-doze it) and I tried bouncing the agent also.  Still no dice.   Has anyone run into this before?  Were you able to fix it and get around hardcoding credentials everywhere?   Thanks in advance for any input you may have.   Lisa Koivu Oracle Database Administrator desk: 407-903-4691 cell: 954-683-4459   This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company that may be proprietary, confidential and/or privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the address listed in the "From:" field.