RE: Prevent connections for some users through SQL*Plus, TOAD

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 11:47:54 -0700 (PDT)

How about check v$session.module instead of program? It's much harder to hack that, especially on recent versions of Toad. This question was asked before. See
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_frm/thread/6eedd341d44157be

Not directly related. I've looked into the toad.exe before. See http://yong321.freeshell.org/oranotes/ToadAndAlternatives.html

Sql*Plus is of course easy to stop.

Yong Huang