Re: DBA's as idiots

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:40:43 -0500 (CDT)

I called a vendor out on that situation once. While they didn't grant DBA to their application schema, they did explicitly (and unexplicably) grant SELECT on USER$ to it. When the vendor profusely denied my assertion that their app schema had DBA privs, I offered to show them how, but not before I was labeled an obstructionist. Silly security is such an obstruction!

My offer never was accepted. It's unfortunately still probably that way today. Hopefully those with the app password don't know how to Google...

Rich