Re: Failover testing with 10g RAC

From: Bradd Piontek <>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:48:35 -0500

  Are the pieces you are failing redundant in nature? For example, multiple HBAs, switches etc? We had some issues in our fail-over testing that had to do with Service Processor fail-over and it was due to a Linux kernel issue and nmi watchdog processes (again, this was on linux). Without redundancy in the components you mentioned, I would expect CRS to reboot the node. What are you using for OCR and Voting Disk?

Bradd Piontek
Oracle Blog:
Linked In:

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Jeffery Thomas <>