RE: uses of autonomous transactions

From: Ken Naim <>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 16:08:27 -0400

As I mentioned in my original reply, AT's can be a great tool or they can kill your performance and data integrity. I primarily use them for logging and have never needed them to avoid a mutating table error. But knowing that the tool exists is worthwhile even if it is band-aid unless I am the only one that has been called in to an environment with a bad database design (sarcasm intended).