DOS attack from AS

From: Louis BROUILLETTE <>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 10:36:21 -0400

Once in a while (maybe once a month), our intranet is a victim of what I would call a DOS. Our application server (AS receives hundreds of requests (all the same request with the same parameters) from the a user in a few minutes for a modplsql application. It's impossible for a person to send so much requests in that period of time. It floods the db ( and everyone hangs.

Each time, it's a different user. Our PC experts scanned the PCs with a variety of antivirus and anti-spyware but found nothing suspicious. Anyone else have experienced something like that ?

Louis Brouillette
Analyste en informatique (DBA)
Universite du Quebec a Trois-Rivieres
Tel: (819) 376-5011 ext. 2435