Re: Overhead of table with empty partitions

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 20:55:01 +0100

The effect will be version dependent, and query dependent. You may get unlucky on queries that cannot identify a single partition at optimisation time - leading Oracle to estimate a cardinality as the average cardinality implied by having 30 partitions (worst case "real cardinality / 30").

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com

Author: Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals