RE: Applying CPU to RAC with physical standby

From: William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 08:44:38 -0700

Greetings,

Metalink note 278641.1 gives instructions for applying a patchset with a 10g physical standby in place and, although I haven't tried it in a RAC environment, only with standby, but I suspect it could be extrapolated. Shut down the primary (in this case the RAC node which is the primary) and the standby, install the patch and then with both the primary and standby open run catpatch, then follow the instructions for a rolling upgrade on other nodes? I've not tried it but it seems like it should work.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center
wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu